COVID Re-Opening Policy – July 30, 2020
Scroll down for the Trinity’s re-opening plan. Deadline for parents to commit to attending is Wednesday, August 5, 2020. If you have any questions at all, please e-mail the preschool office. Click here for the Parent Waiver
When is the 1st Day of School?
- 5 day classes start on published start date – Thursday 9/10.
- 3 day classes start on Monday 9/14. (3 day 3 year old classes will come for 1 hour on the first day as described below).
How will we meet our teacher?
- Each teacher is preparing a special video for orientation. They will introduce themselves and show their classrooms. Teachers will e-mail you a link for this.
- Teachers will host individual student meetings via Zoom – prior to the start of school.
- 3 year old classes will come for 1 hour on the first day with ½ the class attending at each hour in shifts as directed by the teacher.
When does the school day begin?
- Student drop off will begin at 9:00am for Pre-K classes, then 9:15 & 9:30 for 4 year olds & 3 year olds. Your specific drop off time will be outlined in your teacher assignment letter.
When is the day over?
- Students will be picked up outside beginning at noon in the same order as drop off. The times will also be staggered as in the morning – details will be in your teacher assignment letter.
- Students will not stay for lunch at the beginning of the year. This will be re-evaluated as conditions permit.
How will families drop off?
- Parents will park and escort students to the playground entrance.
- Preschool staff will assess health then escort children to classroom.
- Parents will need to sign a form indicating that children and family members are free from symptoms and have no known exposure to a positive COVID case. Child’s temperature will be taken with a no-touch thermometer.
- Children must wear masks – at all times.
- Children will wash hands and be escorted to their classrooms where their teacher will be waiting for them.
- In case family arrives after designated drop-off time, they will need to wait until all other students have been dropped off.
Are there changes to the daily schedule?
- Students will stay with their class and their teacher. They will not have a paired class this year.
- Music class will be virtual – Mr. Alan will prepare a video for each day.
- Students will continue to use both the gym and the playground daily. There will also be more outdoor learning times in both the Courtyard and by the playground.
- Snack times will be staggered within the classroom to allow students to sit farther apart while eating.
- Students will not stay and eat lunch in the fall.
How is Trinity Preschool complying with COVID mitigation guidance?
- Everyone – staff and students – will wear masks at all times.
- Students will wash hands before each change of location, e.g. before & after playing in the gym, the playground or the classroom. A handwashing sink has been installed by the playground entrance to assist students.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use by everyone in the building.
- Each classroom is equipped with an air purifier that will filter the air 5x each hour.
- Toys that are not easily cleaned have been removed from the classrooms. This includes: stuffed animals, dress up and similar items.
- A cleaning person has been added to the staff. This person will wipe down frequently touched areas throughout the day. This will include gym equipment & tricycles, railings, door knobs etc.
- Teacher assignments will be e-mailed to families by mid-August.
- Forms and paperwork will also be e-mailed. These will include: Student Health Form (if needed), Pick-up Authorization, “Get to Know You” Questionnaire. These forms will need to be sent back to TPP, either via mail or email, prior to the orientation meetings.
- Tuition will remain the same. We hope that with the additional precautions needed to re-open that we will not need to add a fee.
- Parents will need to sign a liability waiver prior to their student returning. This does not replace the daily sign off for symptoms of illness. See below for the waiver.
- Substitutes for classrooms – in the event a teacher in one of the classes is unable to be in class, either a parent from that class will need to lead the class or the class will not be able to meet that day.
- In the event of low enrollment, the Trinity Board will consider either a tuition increase or a fee to cover the additional costs associated with COVID.
- Students who experience: fever over 100.4 degrees, diarrhea, or vomiting must stay home for 24 after symptoms have disappeared without the use of medication.
- Parents must notify the preschool in the event that a student or a family member within the household has a communicable disease.
What happens if there is a positive COVID in the Trinity Community?
- Trinity will immediately consult with Arlington Public Health Officials. They will determine if:
- The classroom needs to shut down and for how long or
- The entire Preschool needs to shut down
- The entire Trinity Church Building needs to shut down.
- These decisions are made on a case by case basis by Arlington Public Health.
- Parents will be notified of any positive cases and proximity to their child’s class ie classmate, classmate’s family, child in another class, etc.
- There will be no reduction in tuition unless your child’s class is affected for more than 2 consecutive weeks.
Waiver Document –
A copy of this will be included in the Teacher Assignment e-mail. Here is a link so you can download and print TPP Parent Waiver
TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN PRESCHOOL WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
REGARDING OPERATIONS DURING COVID 19 PANDEMIC
I ___________________________________________, parent/ guardian of__________________________, understand that Trinity Presbyterian Preschool (“Trinity Preschool”) has resumed operation while the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing and that there is no known cure or vaccine for COVID-19. I acknowledge that, despite Trinity Preschool’s adoption of and adherence to a COVID-19 Safety Protocol consistent with current guidance from [the Center for Disease Control, the Virginia Department of Health, and the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Social Services’ Department of Licensing], Trinity Preschool cannot guarantee an environment free of COVID-19 or prevent my child from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending school at Trinity Preschool. In connection with my child’s enrollment and attendance at Trinity Preschool, I acknowledge and agree as follows:
- My child’s attendance at Trinity Preschool and use Trinity Preschool facilities is of such value to me and my child that I voluntarily accept the risk of my child and me being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order for my child to attend Trinity Preschool.
- I hereby release and hold harmless Trinity Preschool, its officers, directors, managers, officials, agents, employees, or any other representatives from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to my child’s attendance at Trinity Preschool and use of Trinity Preschool facilities, whether arising from the negligence of Trinity Preschool or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I have received and read a copy of the Trinity Preschool’s COVID-19 Safety Protocol and agree to adhere to all procedures and safety measures contained therein, including the following:
- I will provide an appropriately sized facemask for my child.
- I will promptly inform Trinity if a case of COVID-19 has been diagnosed in my child, any member of my household, or any persons with whom members of my household have been in close contact, or if my child or any member of my household otherwise has been exposed to a known case of COVID-19.
- By dropping or permitting other authorized individuals to drop my child off at Trinity Preschool for school each day, I certify that (i) I have checked my child’s temperature and it was under 100.4 that day; (ii) my child has not, within the last 12 hours prior to drop off, been administered any fever-reducing medication; and (iii) my child is not displaying cough, shortness of breath, or other signs of illness.
I have carefully read and fully understand the provisions of this Waiver and Acknowledgment, and freely and knowingly assume the risk, waive certain rights concerning liability, and acknowledge my responsibilities as described above. I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor named above and sign this Waiver and Acknowledgment on such minor’s behalf.