COVID Policy 2021 - 2022 - updated 8/18/2021
When is the 1st Day of School?
- 3 & 5 day classes start on start date – Monday 9/13.
- 2 day classes start on – Tuesday 9/14
- 3 year old classes (both 2 & 3 day) will come for 1 hour on the first day as described below.
How will we meet our teacher?
- Each teacher will send an invitation for an in-person meeting at the Preschool. Meetings will likely be held the week of September 6th.
- 3 year old classes will come for 1 hour on the first day with ½ the class attending at each hour in shifts as directed by the teacher.
When does the school day begin?
- Student drop off will begin at 9:00am for Pre-K classes, then 9:15 & 9:20 for 4 year olds & 3 year olds. Your specific drop off time will be outlined in your teacher assignment letter.
When is the day over?
- Students will be picked up outside in the same order as drop off. The times will also be staggered as in the morning – details will be in your teacher assignment letter.
- Students will not stay for lunch the first week of school.
How will families drop off?
- Parents will park and escort students to the entrance designated.
- Preschool staff will assess health then escort children to classroom.
- Children must wear masks at all times while inside the building– except during meal time.
- Children will wash hands and be escorted to their classrooms where their teacher will be waiting for them.
- In case family arrives after designated drop-off time, they will need to wait until all other students have been dropped off.
Are there changes to the daily schedule?
- Students will move through their day with their own class and a paired class of similar aged children. The paired classes will not change during the year.
- Students will continue to use both the gym, playground and music daily. There will also be more outdoor learning times in both the courtyard and by the playground.
How is Trinity Preschool complying with COVID mitigation guidance?
- Everyone – staff and students – will wear masks indoors at all times.
- Students will wash hands before each change of location, e.g. before & after playing in the gym, the playground or the classroom. A handwashing sink has been installed by the playground entrance to assist students.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use by everyone in the building. Please do not send hand sanitizer into school with your child.
- Each classroom is equipped with an air purifier that will filter the air 5x each hour.
- Toys that are not easily cleaned have been removed from the classrooms. This includes: stuffed animals, dress up and similar items.
- Teacher assignments will be e-mailed to families by mid-August.
- Forms and paperwork will also be e-mailed. These will include: Student Health Form (if needed), Pick-up Authorization, “Get to Know You” Questionnaire. These forms will need to be sent back to TPP, either via mail or email, prior to the orientation meetings.
- Parents will need to sign a liability waiver prior to their student returning. This does not replace the daily sign off for symptoms of illness.
- Students who experience: fever over 100.4 degrees, diarrhea, or vomiting must stay home for 24 after symptoms have disappeared without the use of medication.
- Parents must notify the preschool in the event that a student or a family member within the household has a communicable disease.
What happens if there is a positive COVID in the Trinity Community?
- Trinity will immediately consult with Arlington Public Health Officials. They will determine if:
- The classroom needs to shut down and for how long or
- The entire Preschool needs to shut down
- The entire Trinity Church Building needs to shut down.
- These decisions are made on a case by case basis by Arlington Public Health.
- Parents will be notified of any positive cases and proximity to their child’s class ie classmate, classmate’s family, child in another class, etc.