COVID Policy 2022 - 2023 - updated 09/02/2022
Beginning in March of 2022, Trinity shifted to being "mask optional" in keeping with the current guidance from Arlington Public Health and the CDC.
In August 2022, Virginia Department of Education (DOE) revised their guidelines regarding quarantining and isolating from child care settings. This new guidance can be found here: VDOE COVID Update 8/22/22
Trinity Preschool will continue with the mitigation procedures developed over the last couple of years. They include:
- Students will wash hands before each change of location, e.g. before & after playing in the gym, the playground or the classroom. A handwashing sink has been installed by the playground entrance to assist students.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use by everyone in the building. Please do not send hand sanitizer into school with your child.
- Each classroom is equipped with an air purifier that will filter the air 5x each hour.
- Toys that are not easily cleaned have been removed from the classrooms. This includes: stuffed animals, dress up and similar items.
- Teacher assignments will be e-mailed to families by mid-August.
- Forms and paperwork will also be e-mailed. These will include: Student Health Form (if needed), Pick-up Authorization, “Get to Know You” Questionnaire. These forms will need to be sent back to TPP, either via mail or email, prior to the orientation meetings.
- Parents will need to sign a liability waiver prior to their student returning. This does not replace the daily sign off for symptoms of illness.
- Students who experience: fever over 100.4 degrees, diarrhea, or vomiting must stay home for 24 after symptoms have disappeared without the use of medication.
- Parents must notify the preschool in the event that a student or a family member within the household has a communicable disease.